Monday, May 7, 2012

Started so bad; Ended so well


Occurrences I encountered these past few days brought both heartache and joy. 
Last week, our house was filled with anger and chagrin due to a fight mother and I created. There were no violence involved though, just pure exchanging of words. Happened not just once, twice. Started with me, being blamed and rebuked by my mother with the puny mistake I committed. Her blunt words got into my nerves that I can't hold on to it any longer, so, uncontrollably I spoke to her back. I know what I did was such an improper thing a daughter could do unto her mother. But at that moment, I spoke politely and calmly in front of her as much as I can. I don't think it was too rude to be just reasoning out and expressing what I feel on something. That way, I thought, things could go even better but I was wrong. A mother's a mother. She gets superiority in the family, so, I ought to give her all respect she deserves. 

Been there. Done that. End it. Move on. Better do it no more to avoid misunderstandings, clashes and further disputes. Trying to make it up to her, I remained taciturn, performed all chores at home without complains and smiled at my mother from time to time even if she kept on ignoring me. I never gave up and I was never disappointed, for my efforts and tears were paid off in the end. I was teary-eyed and totally overwhelmed when mother started talking. Now , were doing fine. Eventually, everything just went back to normal. 


The level of happiness elevated as to when weekends came. We went out  last Saturday night with the whole family.We ate a lot for dinner, and when I say a lot, I mean really copious. It was so fun to promenade around the city, with air's coll breeze. Sat for awhile in the park to watch an amateur singing contest, then drank a bit and eat AGAIN!. We got home at nearly eleven with doughnuts in our hands-- never get satisfied. hahaha

On Sunday, we went out again and shop through malls. Bought this and that. I even got a new pair of sandals from that walk-in, all of us did. My younger sister's attire for baptismal and some other baby stuffs were prioritized, too. We got home with shopping bag in our hands. 

That's what family day is all about-- making the most out of the time you have together. Its not only the getaway which made me happy, but also seeing my mother smile after days of frowning. Despite all we've been through, the week still ended blithely and positively. Hope things would work out this week especially that MOTHER's Day is fast approaching. I still haven't thought of of any surprises yet, but I certainly will prepare something special for my most precious "Mamang."

6 sEEker thoughts:

Sui generis Writer said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

All's well that ends well!
It's good to know that you reconciled with your mother. She couldn't always remain angry from such a lovely daughter.
It cheered me to know that you had lots of fun last weekend.
Enjoy the 'cat walk' in your new sandals. ^u^

~✯*Jela*✯~ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@Sui generis Writer
yah!. Sure will. haha...

Albert Einstein☺ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Aww good thing you're now friends and connected. It's really hard to make a duel with a mother especially that she is thought to be the most skilled and rightful being in the house. I once tried this before, no, many times na pala because of my own insecurity. At nagkabati naman kami. hahaha

By the way, nakaka nose-bleed naman ito: chagrin, air's coll breeze, at taciturn.

~✯*Jela*✯~ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@Albert Einstein☺

have some research! >>.


walang ina na hindi matitiis ang anak. In fact, I am very grateful to God for HE had given me a mother so forgiving .

Albert Einstein☺ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@~✯*Jela*✯~

I think you should change your blog's comment section. It's ugly.

T.R.Aurelius said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

that's good! hehe

hwell, di rin naman tayo matitiis ng ating mga mader, hehe ako kabisado ko mood ng nanay ko kapag nagalit yun skn alam kong later on ka2usapin na rin aq nun hehehe

Post a Comment

Never hesitate to leave some comments...
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ .. thanx!!

Hello Kitty!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates

Red Bow Tie