Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ain't Time For a Change

School or work??

My title is inspired from Cat Steven's composition, "Father and Son," which has these lines:
'Its not time to make a change, just relax take it easy.....
Ur still young, thats  ur fault, 
There's so much u have to know...'
The song kinda relates to this experience I will be sharing to you today.
Here it goes...

Conversation via phone text:
My Friend:   Convergy's Bacolod will be hiring new employees this coming April 26-27. For interested                     applicants, just send me ur name and phone number.
Me:    Huh? Are u serious with this?
My Friend:   Yes! Are u interested? Give it a try!
Me: ok! Send my name and number to them. Thanks for informing me...
My Friend:   Don't worry. They will just contact you later on.

And they surely did because a day before the said job-hiring, I received a phone call from the company. Then I pondered: instances like this comes once in a blue moon, why not grab it?

Though quite reluctant, I went to the agreed date (April 26) and place (Bethel Guest House) with a friend's company, Shen, whom I encouraged to join me in my application. However, she haven't stayed that long and got home earlier than me after not having been qualified in the interview. Actually, the applicants were interviewed by batch. Shen and I were in the same group. There were 6 of us but only 2 lucky applicants obtained a satisfactory result from one of Convergy's supervisors, that includes me.

The calvary doesn't end there. I, as well, undergone a long examination, all related to computer and mathematics. If only I knew those things would appear in the test, I should've reviewed my lessons in Basic Computer 111 and 112. Tsk! 'Twas hard, I must say, especially the questions on math. I despise math problems concerning percentage and money, really! Yet I remained grateful because, without any anticipation, I passed.

During our lunch break, I haven't consumed my time on eating but instead thinking what choice to pick. First off, my studies. If I would pursue this job, I'll surely be very busy since I have to work full-time. My studies will be at stake for sure especially that the working place is in Bacolod, few miles from where I reside. As soon as my parents received the news about how I passed that morning, they expressed the same sentiment with mine. They, too, are concerned on the outcomes if ever I get hired. My father really wanted me to finish college and that's what I aimed for. On second thought, the salary. Convergy's, based on what I've heard, is one company that provides one full blow of financial assistance.
 What will I do? What road shall I take?

The challenge was too tricky. I was so confused at that time and decided to go into a mall for awhile. I sought for signs that could lead me to the right answer for my query. There I saw this book about dreams where objects, persons, events, animals and some other things that are present in your dreams are being interpreted.

As far as I could remember,  night before 26th of April, I dreamt of our  university president. That position of his wasn't included in the book but I just considered him as a teacher since he's also mentoring Spanish classes. The book says:
   Teacher- more advice, guidance, and knowledge for you on decision making


It didn't help a lot but it was a good sign. hmmm...


I repressed my nagging and proceeded to our next examination. In the afternoon, we actually went to an internet station where we did our hands-on activity. I took all 4 tests but I only passed 3 of them since the other one freaked me out because it was like your in an actual scenario wherein customer speaks to you through that audio player. A bit confusing for a novice like me who had never been through this before.


phEw! I was so close to the final interview. But, I wasn't regretful. It was another 'first-time' experience that gave me an idea on the hustle and bustle on employment, particularly on call centers. At least, the next time I hunt for jobs, I know what to do. 


Actually, because of that failed grade I had on the last examination, realization came upon me that I should really be in school rather then entering that one big responsibility.


As a I quote it, "Much time to study, more opportunities to come..." 




Can't wait 'till I get back to school .. ;-)



5 sEEker thoughts:

Orange Pulps ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

ang haba day. hahaha. :)

hapit na pud klase ay...

Albert Einstein☺ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

o good thing na remember ka pa?

how's life after death? bwahahaha

Sui generis Writer said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Everything sorted out on it's own.
You are still young and lots of opportunities await you.
Best wishes!

~✯*Jela*✯~ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@Sui generis Writer . yes! indeed.. I'll keep that in mind ;-)

LoveSparkz18 said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

you should have contacted me on that day. you don't know, i might be your lucky charm! :) hehe

it's okay Jela, nice try! just for an experience.

Post a Comment

Never hesitate to leave some comments...
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ .. thanx!!

Hello Kitty!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates

Red Bow Tie