Monday, April 30, 2012

SEE the UNEXPECTED; MISS the EXPECTED

Just yesterday, we made a quick visit to my mother's place in Tanjay City,  one hour ride from my town. We relaxed in my grandparents house. Then craved on what grandma served on the table, MANGO-- the most sought-after tropical fruit grown here in the Philippines. We savored its sweetness, the ones left from last day's harvest.
Next stop, to where my cousin's dwell. Before reaching their house, a beautiful farm with a steep beside can be seen from afar. 
There I met some relatives of mine whom I haven't seen for several months already. A lot of chatting, story-telling, laughing and eating, again, took place. The mirthy atmosphere suddenly added with surprise as to when my uncle showed us a BAT,caught few minutes before we arrived. He tried to kill the poor creature but my parents ceased him from doing so. Pity and compassion embraced me seeing the little fella shriek, forcing himself to escape from my uncle's robust hands. Just  when we were about to set him free, there I discovered that the nocturnal animal was still very young, having such feeble wings, and still has no experience in flying.
Having no means of harm, we just let his sharp-clawed feet grab on to that branch of a plant in my aunt's garden. The ever nescient and curious me took the opportunity of getting near him. That was my very first time to have a close-up look and to touch a bat. Its face has a little resemblance on a horse; teeth that are needlelike; and skin covered with ash-colored fur same with what the rat has.
A bit scared but I find him cute. As a pet lover, it is my obligation to give pamper and protection to such animal. Hope his bat parents would see him from the plant where he was been hanged.

My sojourn in Tanjay was fun, yet still incomplete. Actually, my main reason of going there was to see some of my godparents, but I guess fortune got too rough on me for I saw none. Too bad! 
For those who knew what i mean, just keep it yourself!
For those who dont, better not ask!. ;-)

5 sEEker thoughts:

Sui generis Writer said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

I like bats too. Unfortunately I never got a chance to see them up close. I only sighted them flying over my head.

It's so nice to visit relatives after a long time.

Mangoes are considered 'king of all fruits' in my country. I prefer mango shake though.

See ya! :)

☂☆ Vållῐ ★♬ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Hey!...Even I've seen a small bat......It was screaming like anything...when it stuck up at the doors corner...Ahh!....it got hurt!....We freed it..from the pain....Enjoyed reading your experience :) Happy Blogging!

Vallarfax said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

I admire your affection for the little bat. :)

http://iifatree.blogspot.com/

Jana said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

From where are you Jela? Just near Tagaytay? Are you in Cavite?

Jela Mae Ruales said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@Sui generis Writer .. yah! I agree with u. Mangoes are good! tasty and nutritious .. heheh.
I thought those fruit are only found here in our country.. U also have there in India, too!. *ashamed me٩(×̯×)۶ ..

@☂☆ Vållῐ ★♬.. nice story!. we should really show compassion to those little fella! they also have the right to live freely in this world. Oh yeah! ;-)

@Vallarfax thanks dear!

@Jana I live in Dumaguete City gurl!. here in Negros.. an island in Visayas region.. I know ur familiar with it!.

Post a Comment

Never hesitate to leave some comments...
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ .. thanx!!

Hello Kitty!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates

Red Bow Tie