Saturday, March 24, 2012

What A Day

I can truly relate to this quote. 
Just read onto my post....


 Roosters just a distant away crowing, "Tok tulaok! Tok tulaok!"
Alarm clock rings terribly, "Kring! Kring!"  
With a resounding voice from my mother saying, "Waaaaake up! Waaake up!!" 
All these are my little struggles in getting-up from my bed. 

 Reaching my cellphone to check whether someone left a message, there I remembered that it was already Saturday, schedule for job-hunting. A friend of mine informed me that one of the radio stations here in our locality are looking for aspiring news announcers and disc jocks. I, myself, really want to grab the opportunity since I would be doing nothing this vacation. That work, as well, would be my stepping stone or simply my training ground for Broadcasting. And so, I said to myself, "Why not give it a try?"

Anguished and nervousness mixed up as soon as we arrived at  DYEM-fm radio station, popularly known in Dumaguete as Energy fm. I was hesitant in coming in or speaking to any of those people inside the station.  I don't know what had gotten into our minds, we were three actually (along with Albert and En-en), that we went there without even bringing resume or any application sheets.

It was really my first time to apply for a job that I was so confused on what to do. We sat on their couch waiting for that old Chinese man known as Sir Elly, the HEAD I guess, to come. At first look, he was kinda austere and serious, but as he proceeded with the interview, there I saw hilarity in him. Later on, my fear of facing him faded so sudden. I felt comfortable already on giving my response to all his queries.

Actually, he demanded to record our voice first, yet after a minute or two, he asked me to read on an English newspaper, and the other one was cebuano. I really gave my very best in pronouncing each word in the paper with my voice modulated. Fortunately, he kinda like the way I spoke. In fact, he recorded my voice on his phone. There I was so flattered with his annotations.  He said that he sees potential in me for I am good in my delivery. "I will train you," he stated. Afterwards, he directly asked for my phone number and so did I. . Just  when I thought his interrogation has ended still he asked a little more-- questions regarding my family life, as well as my educational background. I don't mean to brag but I guess he is truly interested on me.. interested to what I'm capable of, I mean.

My two other companions,though not given much attention, praised and congratulated me for a job well done.

That day I guess was the luckiest ever. My application was satisfactory and here comes people who were goodhearted enough to show their generosity in treating me. I haven't spent too much on that day since two of my friends paid for my fare in going to the radio station and two other friends bought me a snack. WOW!.  I really wish life could be as perfect as this. 

Can't wait to tell mom and dad 'bout these things. For sure they would be so proud of me. 
CHOW! 


14 sEEker thoughts:

Sui generis Writer said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations dear! You have all the reasons to be proud of yourself. All the best! :)

LoveSparkz18 said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

love your new template!
how i wish i was there! you never informed mehhh... hmmph.
nice job in the interview!
i know yo have wowed Sir Elly because of your bubbly persona...
missed you Jela... why aren't you here in the office these days...?

✿Sie✿ said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations Jela Mae..it is a great achievement indeed..so when I'll go to Dumaguete I'll be listening to energy Fm ;)

Best of Luck ;)

Jela Mae Ruales said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@✿Sie✿ thanks sie?!!.. can i just call u sie??? hehehe....

ow ur a filipina!! i wonder where in the Philippines do ya live . thanx for dropping by..

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Presently what did you say? I considered necessary! Maybe to facilitate bidding transpire my inspiration on behalf of the week, keep it emergence!
bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

chris said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Hello!
Want to know your blog?
Have more contact?
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world!
If you are open in the field of communication, it is you open new horizons that you know every day!
There are other countries, people who share the same passions as you.
I invite you to visit Blogspot Directory
This blog is not personal! I created it for everyone!
Us to share the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in countries other people with similar passions.
I think this community could also interest you.
On the right side with the books of green! You will find the country with the names of blogs by country, most certainly you will see people, you already know! so come join us! thank you
The more people and more opportunities it will give, you are some sort Ambassador of this blog is you also have to make known to your contacts
Have a great day with the hope that you come join us.
Regards
Chris

To find out, click on the link below:
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

Jela Mae Ruales said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@chris ey! i wud love too. thanks for dropping by!.

jasmin said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

I'm so happy for you!!
Among the three of us[me, en-en and you]I am the only one whom *I think* remained curious about those exciting experiences both of you where up to this past few days..
I'm feeling a lil' bit left out..where are you guys?? I'm still here you know..waitin' for same oppurtunity to come..
En-en is already a power volunteer, and soon you'll be next...me??? nuthin just chillin' at home.. hahaha, dramanetch!!


Godbless guixt..and CONGRATULATIONS!! muahhh!

jasmin said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

hahahha,Happy April Fools Day!!!

Jela Mae Ruales said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

@jasmin thanks gurl!!>. love ya too!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day
http://www.businesstraveltours.com is my website.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

GREAT publish and impressive in turn …will bear a try all the tips..Thanks……
My Bolg : DepressionSymptomsMedication.com

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

This is what I have been searching in quite a few web pages and I ultimately identified it right here. Wonderful post. I am so impressed. Could under no circumstances imagine of these a point is attainable with it…I imagine you have a excellent information in particular while dealings with these kinds of topics.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips♥♥♥ any replies?..Best Blogger Templates

The recommendations you discussed here are really useful. It absolutely was such a fun surprise to have that awaiting me after i woke up to find this event. Thank you very much for the tip!

Post a Comment

Never hesitate to leave some comments...
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ .. thanx!!

Hello Kitty!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates

Red Bow Tie