Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Press Power



                                 

Bravo!” – all I ever could utter after witnessing the spectacular performance executed by professional artists of Philippine StagersFoundation (PSF), staging a Filipino musical  theater, “Cory ng Edsa.”
Honestly, I never planned to watch the play at that night (January 18) for I still have lessons in need to be reviewed for be next day’s examination. But since I was tasked to cover that event, left with no choice, I stayed and waited until the show would end.


Getting the Philstagers’ statement was exigent for me. It took me an hour before I could really interview the performers because when I was heading towards the backstage, we were barred by some of the crews, telling us to wait outside. Since patience has always been one of my virtues, waiting is never an issue to me.
So there I was, assiduously standing on the left wing of Lamberto Macias Sports and Cultural complex, waiting for possible opportunities. 


Cindy Maree Liper 

Luckily, I saw the one depicting Cory, going to the Convention Center, where they temporarily stay after their performances.Cindy Maree Liper is her name, a graduate of Adamson University with the degree of Mass Communication. She speaked to me as if we knew each other that’s why I was comfortable in interviewing her. I adore her for being so affable, demure and pretty.

Because of her, I was able to enter the Convention Center with no hassle, which gave me later on the edge to talk with their director and playwright, Attorney Vincent M. Tañada.


                              
                                               Vincent Tañada

Tañada, at first look, would never be considered a person of great reputation with that punk-type hairstyle of his and all the tattoos on some parts of his body. However, as I began with the interview, there I realized, he was truly a man worth of admiration.

I idolized him for his excellent achievements. He had received recognitions from the Aliw Awards such as Best Director and Best Musicale on their play “ako si Ninoy,” the prequel of ‘Cory ng edsa.’ Not only that, he also got the ‘Best Actor’ award in the on their other play ‘O moises” (2007).

Aside from singing and acting on stage, he as well gives much attention to his obligation as an attorney. The line up politicians and lawyers in their family influenced him to pursue such profession.
I was startled on the way he spoke, so direct, apt and English literate. How I wish I could be as proficient, competent and talented as he is.

That experience was so memorable to me. It was my first time to watch a live musical play and to make a news article out of it.  Though I was kinda intimidated with Tañada austere looks, at some point, I am completely fulfilled and overwhelmed with what I did, interviewing people of great fame and covering an off campus event such as the ‘Cory ng Edsa’—one splendid musicale implying its awe-inspiring message: “to live a life of sacrifice.” 





 
(Cindy as Cory & Vince as Peter)



**Me interviewing him**






0 sEEker thoughts:

Post a Comment

Never hesitate to leave some comments...
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ .. thanx!!

Hello Kitty!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates

Red Bow Tie